Friday, November 7, 2008

Kitty Cartoon One

I don't consider myself an "artist." I've never been wonderfully good at drawing and have a hard time translating an image I see in my head to paper.

Still, when I rescued Little Girl, my first Himalayan (see right sidebar), she inspired me to suddenly start drawing all kinds of kitty cartoons. I still don't consider myself an "artist," but I did enjoy making these cartoons.

Little Girl seemed to know when I was trying to draw her -- I used to sit on the couch with my knees tucked up under my chin when I drew. During this time, Little Girl would always come an plunk herself down between my feet.

Here is the first cartoon I ever drew in a series of Himalayan cartoons. The whole "Made in Heaven by angels" theme was truly heartfelt, as every time I looked at Little Girl I was in awe in her. I'd wanted a Himalayan forever and here she was -- in all her sweet, friendly, "you can touch me anywhere, even my belly, and I just purr purr purr!" glory!

Two errors on this cartoon: Yes, I spelled "marshmallow"' wrong and also Little Girl was a blue-cream point, not a tortie-point.

She had a little orange on her face:

which I thought meant tortie.

After she died, Anna and Zu's breeder Suzette helped me correctly identify her coloring by looking at photos.

I still say Himalayans are made by angels!
They are just the sweetest, softest, (fattest!) kitties!

(Click on photos if you're having trouble reading to enlarge.)

Enjoy! :)


8 comments:

Sweet Purrfections said...

I just LOVED that! Even though Praline is only 1/2 Himmie, she has so many of their characteristics! Thanks for sharing.

Kim, Mia, Annabelle, Zuzu and Miso said...

Praline was DEFINATELY made in Heaven! Most, most definately! (In fact, I may have to a cartoon of her!)

CL said...

Kim, your cartoons are very well done and cute as heck. Don't be ashamed by lack of training. Good job!

Kim, Mia, Annabelle, Zuzu and Miso said...

AW :)!
Thanks, CY!

Anonymous said...

Love your catoons! Himmie's are heavenly!

Unknown said...

OMG Kim you are the artist!! I lov your comics!! I like how in the end himalayan kittehs start poping!! please do more!!

Anonymous said...

you are too humble. You are an artist. Your cartoons ROCK. They are sweet and touching and nicely drawn.

I love the ghosties.

Pattyskypants said...

OMG! Those are the kewtest cartoons! What a lovely idea! xxoo Patty & Bhu