Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Day at Our House!

It got pretty exciting (and okay, a little weird) around here on election day ...

As many of you know, Goma was a candidate. (See?) My nine-year old daughter Mia loves Goma's website as much as I do. When she learned that Goma was running for president, she threw herself into his campaign. Mia decided that Anna should run for president also, with Zuzu as her running mate (she decided Zuzu is too shy to be president and that Anna is a little ... ah, well, let's just say a bit mentally challenged to run the country, therefore they could balance out each other's shortcomings.)

Mia spent a good couple hours on November 4th decorating the house with campaign posters:

These last two are my favorites:

That bottom Goma picture was of course, directly inspired by this super sexxxay Goma Supermodel shot found here:
Fearing sibling rivalry, Mia even drew up an agreement for Goma, Anna and Zuzu to sign:

(Now how on earth did Goma get his paw print on this document? He lives over four hours away!)

Eventually Mia, myself, my husband, Zuzu and Carter (dog) all cast our ballots:

The ballot box

Mia assured me the Carter and Zuzu votes were completely fair: she held out pieces of paper with each candidate's name on them. Carter sniffed at his choice and Zuzu CHEWED on her choice!

The final tally was ...

(Drumroll please!)

Goma!

Luckily, Anna and Zuzu aren't upset at all.
Zuzu spent the day sleeping happily with a friend:

"I has DREAMZ 'bout Gomabrother he say "Free catznips for Zuzu!"

(That's not fair, Zuzu -- only you get free catnip???)

Anna, ah, well, she didn't really understand the whole thing:

"MY BELLY HAS PRESIDENTZ WINS CUZ MY FEETZES ON TABLE! HOORAY"

(Um, what???)

Congratulations on your victory at our house in Connnecticut, Goma!

Lastly, in other news, our Goma Buttons arrived today!

Thank you, Sachie!

Stay tuned for Anna and Zuzu's attempt at super-edgy, high couture photo shoot -- featuring our new buttons!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OhMaiGosh!!!! Kim this is TOO MUCH!!!! When I saw this post I couldn't belive my eyes!! First of all, I LOVE, Absolutely LOVE mia's drawings of GOMA!! OMG she is too good!! She captured Goma so wondefully, it'a likw Goma cam to LIVE! I luv Anna's "Do you like my fat? line so much!! sooo funny!! and paper agreement!! I LOVE her writings! I am sure Goma will not get mad at Anna if she have won!!

GOMA: Me can has puresidents??

SACHIE: Yes at Anna and Zuzu's house hold, you will be thir president Goma!

GOMA: Meeee can HAS PURESIDENT!! yey yey yeyz!!

SACHIE: Now all your hard work paid off Goma!

GOMA: Me happy but me dont know ip me want puresident anymorez...

SACHIE: WHy???

GOMA: Me is supa modelz now!! me take over da world with my exy posez!!

SACHIE: OMG!!!!


soooo, that means he resigned Kim...so Anna will be president yey!!! Is she up for that??

I am so glad you guys got those buttons!! I can't wait to see Anna and Zuzu's Glamor shots!!!

Kim, Mia, Annabelle, Zuzu and Miso said...

Kim: Anna, Goma has graciously resigned his Pursident -- would you like the job?

Anna: RESIGN-ED? YAY!MY BELLY HAS PRESIDENTZ WINS CUZ MY FEETZES ON TABLE! HOORAY!

Kim: ???

Zuzu: That means she wants the job 'an I will be VICES! 'An I will be GOOD at it, tooz!

Kim :):):):)!

Pattyskypants said...

Bhu wants to know: "Wut 'bout ME? Can I be Seketeri of Statez??"

Anonymous said...

Mia's drawings are AWESOME! FOR REAL!

Well done, Mia!

I LOVE THISIS BLOGZEZ. DOO MOREZEZ.